Keratin hair treatments are considered to be a miracle breakthrough in the world of hair straightening and frizz removal. They are claimed to be very effective and safe to use. With these treatments, frizzy, damaged, and dry hair will be rejuvenated and restored to a mass of smooth, shining crown. There will be no more bed hair and bad hair days will just be a thing of the past.
- Great looking, perfectly, shiny hair after the treatment.
- Blow drying time can be cut off from 40 minutes to just 10 minutes tops.
- The treatment will last for 2-3 months, and everyday during those months you’ll always walk out like you just got your hair done from a salon.
All these can be achieved for just about 300 dollars. It’s no wonder why many a woman gets hooked. Of course, always go for the best products. Do your research. Reading product and customer reviews is a good start.
Choose the Right Keratin Product For Your Hair
With several keratin hair products flooding the market, Brazilian products are among the most popular. You can read reviews about them almost everywhere; some are not good, others are disappointing, but majority are able to satisfy users.
Hair treated with Brazilian keratin treatments are reported to have the most amazing shine. Keratin is the instant solution for one’s maddening frizzy and unmanageable hair.
Condition and Maintain Your Keratin Treated Hair
Proven and tested by ton of users, ION keratin products are the best there for conditioning keratin-treated hair. ION keratin leaves fixes damaged hair and provides healthy and shiny hair after just the first few applications of the conditioner.
Known Side Effects
Unnatural beauty does not come without a price. And we’re not just talking about the $300 up-front fee, but the risk involved as well.
Here are just some of the documented side effects of the keratin treatment:
- The cancer factor. Some treatments contain formaldehyde, a known carcinogenic chemical. Advertisers often claim that there the amount is so small for the chemical to cause damage. Proof of the risk: some vendors advertise their keratin hair products to be “virtually formaldehyde-free.”
- Hair loss. There are also several reported cases of hair loss just one or two weeks after the treatment. Since this side-effect does not happen to all keratin-treated patients, the only way to be sure whether it has been caused by the said treatment is visiting a dermatologist for extensive testing.
- Hair damage. Other reports state that the treatment makes the hair brittle and dry. Such a scenario leads to hair breakage and thinning.
- The allergy factor. Just like any other treatments that make use of chemicals, the keratin hair treatment can also trigger an allergic reaction for some people. Rash and itchiness are just two of the most common allergic reactions.
Before splurging yourself over keratin hair treatments, never neglect to take into account its possible side-effects.