Have you been suffering from dry, wiry, brittle hair lately? Do you always wake up in the morning and find tons of fallen hair on your bed? When you wash your hair, does it seem like all the strands are falling out like thick ropes, making you feel like you’ll be bald in a month?
If you answered yes to most of these questions, then you are surely suffering from a brittle hair problem and need to have a brittle hair treatment.
Brittle hair is the result of several factors such as:
- Excessive hair treatment
- Too much hair blowing
- Hair ironing
- Hair perming
- Harsh chemicals found in shampoos, conditioners, and hair gels
- Hormonal imbalance
- Improper diet
All these can also cause brittle hair. Women who have just given birth may also experience brittle, wiry hair. However, such cases are normal, and the condition will eventually improve.
If you often go to the salon for treatments, you had better curb the habit now because salon treatments are doing more harm than good. Stay away from hair products that are available in the market unless you are sure of the content of what you are buying. There are hundreds of advertised products that claim to treat dry hair, but be aware–you may not notice the cost and their effect on your hair in the long run.
There is no beating the natural way in doing brittle hair treatment.
There are dozens of remedies readily available at home. Moreover, these brittle hair treatment options are light on the budget and good for your health too!
- To name a few, honey, avocado, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar contain a lot of natural oils that are good for moisturizing your hair. Remember, brittle hair is overly dry hair, and thus, moisturizing your scalp is the best way to regain its beauty.
- Eggs have a lot of proteins, Vitamin A, and Vitamin E, making them a good treatment for falling hair. You can use eggs before you shampoo: rinse with cold water, then with warm water, and lastly with hot water. Never use hot water first because you wouldn’t want to get scrambled eggs in your hair!
- If you live in tropical countries where coconut milk or coconut oils are easily accessible in the market, then you can apply these extracts to your hair as well. Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it off with shampoo.
- Kiwi fruit has anti-aging properties that help in the regeneration of your scalp and hair.
- Fresh cow’s milk is also vitamin-enriched, and has a lot of proteins to make your hair rich and shiny. You can also try powdered milk by mixing it with enough water to make a paste. Apply the paste directly to your hair and scalp. Cover it with a hot towel and repeat the process several times.
These are just some of the natural home remedies you can try, and there are more! Brittle hair treatment doesn’t need to be expensive and costly. You can always stick to the naturals – aside from the fact that it’s safe; it’s also light on the budget. And to top it all, don’t forget that getting enough rest and eating the right diet is the key to beautiful, strong, shiny hair.